en de

Informationen zu den Belästigungsfällen

Posted on Mon 29 April 2024 in Allgemein

Update from 30.04
The person got a RWTH house ban for three weeks. If he is seen, call immediately the university guard. Otherwise please continue to report further incidents (see below where).

Dear students of the student council I/1,

as you have probably noticed, there are several numbers that have written misogynistic messages in the chat groups and privately spammed women with calls and messages. It is very likely that all these numbers belong to the same person. The university guard and the legal department have been informed about the case and we are now trying to ensure that the whole thing gets solved as quickly as possible. We have forwarded the evidence, that we have already received to these two departments. Thanks to the people who have sent it to us.

In the meantime, we recommend to have your profile picture not publicly available (e.g. setting i tto “my contacts only”).

If you have any further evidence (no matter how small) please forward them to recht@zhv.rwth-aachen.de. If you are willing to testify with your name, please include it. Evidence of the person's identity is especially helpful. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can send it to us via fsmpi.eu/complaint. If it is not recognizable on the evidence/screenshots, please also include the date.

Another contact you can turn to, is the Fachgruppenreferentin der Informatik.

Please do NOT commit vigilante justice and do not try to “generate” more evidence. In case of doubt, this will only reverse the perpetrator-victim role. If he writes to you, block him and do not respond to him. If something happens on campus, call the janitor, who will immediately contact the university security service on +49 241 80 94250 or internally 113. In an emergency, also call the police. Please do not forward any supposed pictures or other documents with clear names. We do not want anyone to be prosecuted for trying to “convict” them. It's not worth your mental health either.

If you are concerned about your mental health, you can contact the Psychological Counseling Service of the RWTH. The appointment should not be booked online, but directly via phone (Frau Platt). There is also the student care and the nationwide telephone care 08001110111. The whole situation is stressful and we are trying to resolve it as quickly as possible.

We would also like to point out the free legal advice from the AStA, which you can also make use of if you want to file a complaint in person. A complaint can be filled out online.

Stay Safe
The collective of your student council I/1